Friday, August 6, 2010

On the Internet This Week

Poet and blogger, Adele Kenny, recently invited me to guest blog at her site, The Music in It (a poetry place). She asked me to write about food poems. I'm extremely pleased with the way Adele did the post. Lovely introduction, good-looking post design, and a number of links. I like the way she put all of the links after the post instead of inside it. My poem, "Linguini," is also included. Read it here. Then go back again as Adele will be posting a prompt based on the guest post. Be sure to bookmark Adele's blog, especially if you're looking for regular prompts which is a feature of her blog.

What a sexy dish of linguini!

Sexy consumption in Tom Jones

I was also pleased to be invited to be the debut Poet of the Month at Your Daily Poem, a feature that site owner, Jayne Jaudon Ferrer, plans to make a monthly occurrence. A nice introduction followed by a 10 question interview. Check it out here.  It has been suggested that this entitles me to an entire month of total respect from everyone!
Seven August Fans

In my sidebar you will notice that I'm offering a Giveaway at Goodreads. One free copy of my book, Temptation by Water, will be given to the winner of the drawing. Goodreads selects the winner and then sends me the name. I then do the signing and mailing. So hop on over to the sidebar and enter.

Thanks to all who signed up for my monthly newsletter. I was amazed and delighted by the response. If you signed up and did not receive the August issue, please check your spam folder. If it's not there, let me know. If you didn't sign up but now want to, hop on over to the sidebar and fill out the simple form and you'll be added to the list. The next issue goes out September 1.


Share |


3 comments:

  1. "an entire month of total respect"?

    Consider yourself totally respected.

    Trying to find the off switch for my narrative to attack your first prompt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the whole month. All mine!

    Took me a few minutes to figure out which prompt you were referring to--the one in the newsletter. That will be so good for you! Do it. And then you can write the narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Diane! (Love the Tom Jones picture.)

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know What You Think

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...